- With 359 Million Metric tonnes produced globally in 2018, the rate of plastic production has climbed steadily over the last 70 years.
- We currently have 9.2 billion tons of the stuff to deal with and more than 6.9 billion tons has become waste.
- There are five growing islands of plastic waste floating in the world’s oceans. It’s been estimated that these five islands constitute only 5% of plastic in the ocean. The other 95% either sank or has broken down into micro-plastics.
What does the Canadian Government have to say?
DO YOUR PART – HELP REDUCE AND ELIMINATE PLASTIC WASTE!
Brands, distributors and retailers are working collaboratively to eliminate plastic waste generated by the wireless industry in Canada
ALL compostable/biodegradable, recyclable and mixed plastic cases regardless of brand (with the exception of battery cases and those made of metal) are accepted into the eco-train Case Recovery Program.
The eco-train Case Recovery Box can be found in any of our retail partner’s stores. To find a retail partner near you please check out the “STORE LOCATOR” page. Retail partners will collect and return the contents of the box back to eco-train for sorting. Cases that can be returned to a Brand Sponsor for recycling or composting will be and ALL other mixed plastic cases will be put into a “Waste To Energy Program”. The Case Recovery Program aims to extract as much value from these materials as possible while striving to reduce the amount of plastic waste generated by the cell phone case industry.
A growing number of retailers across Canada are joining in the mission to reduce plastic waste. If your business would like to participate in the Case Recovery Program, please contact Hitfar Concepts to learn about the program. Find out how you can help reduce plastic waste in your community.